Dodson Property Management is the property manager for Medalist’s non-hotel properties.
Dodson Property Management is a full-service real estate firm with over 30 years of investment property management experience
- Property management experience began in 1986
- William Elliott, the co-president of Medalist, owns 6% of Dodson Property Management
- Licensed to perform:
- Commercial Property Management
- Multifamily Property Management
- Community Association Management
- Commercial Sales & Leasing
- Real Estate Development & Consulting Services
Seasoned and knowledgeable team
- 100 employees
Proven property management capacity with a sizeable current portfolio
- 40+ buildings
- Over 1,500 residential units and 2,000 Multifamily Units
- Over 1.2 million square feet commercial/retail space
- Current portfolio size in excess of $1.1 Billion in assets
Accredited Management Organization (AMO) from the Institute of Real Estate Management.
Dodson Company Executive Team
David Barrow – VP of Commercial Real Estate
- Veteran with 15 years experience in managing 10 million square feet in 40 states
- Oversees the Property Services team that perform repair and maintenance for all the properties in the portfolio
- Formally with CBRE
Tara Carter – VP of Multifamily
- 20 years in multifamily and asset management with the region’s premier RE firms
- Specialized in managing mixed-use, high-rise, mid-rise, garden and townhouse properties with particular expertise in auditing, revenue management, property inspections, acquisitions, and contracts
- Previously worked with Trammell Crow, Plus Management, Core RVA and Luxe Consulting
Marshall Management is the property manager for Medalist’s hotel properties.
Michael P. Marshall - President & CEO
- A 30-plus year hospitality veteran, Michael P. Marshall literally grew up in the hospitality industry and has worked in virtually every position within a hotel, giving him a firsthand knowledge of what it takes to make a hotel operate efficiently and profitably. During his tenure, Michael has worked at, managed, invested in and developed more than 175 properties in all segment types and price points across North America. His expertise includes virtually every major hotel brand family, ranging from luxury to limited-service, as well as boutique, non-branded hotels.
- Marshall regularly speaks at the industry’s leading conferences, providing candid insights into hotel management and investment. He received a Bachelor’s of Arts degree from Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Va., and completed the Advanced Management Program at Cornell University. He is a member of the Cornell Society of Hoteliers.